Instant Quotes by Phone: 888-414-4547

Home » Medicare Supplement Plans in 2019 » Medicare Supplement Plans in 2018

Medicare Supplement Plans in 2018

 

If you are 65 years old or older or if you are on disability, there is a good chance that you rely on a Medicare Supplement plan to help you pay for many of your health care needs. However, if you are like a lot of people who have a Medicare Supplement plan in 2018, you might not really understand how Medicare works.

Although it does not cover prescription medication without the help of one of the 2018 Medicare Part D prescription drug plans that are out there, Medicare can help pay for your doctor’s appointments, hospital stays, and other healthcare necessities. However, as you might have already noticed, it does fall short in some cases. This is where a Medicare Supplement plan can really come in handy.

Medicare Supplement Plans in 2018: Why You Need One

There is a Medicare-related rule that states that Medicare will pay for 80% of your health care expenses while you will be responsible for covering the other 20%. Even though this might seem reasonable, the truth is that this is far from the case with everything. Medicare actually has different fee schedules for different things, and you could end up paying out much more out-of-pocket if you aren’t careful. If you have a fixed income or are trying to make your retirement dollars stretch, paying out this much in health care expenses can be difficult, if not impossible.

The good news is that a 2018 Medicare Supplement plan can help. Designed to act alongside Medicare as a secondary insurance option, a Medicare Supplement plan will help cover things that Medicare does not pay. If you compare different 2018 Medicare Supplemental plans, you can look for one that will help you cover these additional costs.

The Different Types of 2018 Medicare Supplement Plans

You are not restricted to just one type of Medicare Supplement plan in 2018. Instead, you can shop around for a cheap option that fits your needs. Each type of plan has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it pays to look into your various options before signing up for coverage. These are some of the 2018 Medigap plans that you can choose from:

  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F
  • High Deductible Plan F
  • G
  • K
  • L
  • M
  • N

The Best Affordable Medigap Plans in 2018

There are various providers out there that can help you gain the coverage that you need. However, in our time working in this market, we have done a ton of research and have decided on a few favorites. In our opinion, there are three companies out there that really stand out when it comes to the Medicare Supplement market as opposed to the Medicare Advantage market, which is another popular option for seniors. These are our three favorites:

  • Aetna
  • Cigna
  • Mutual of Omaha

The top things that we love about these companies:

  • They’ve been in the business for a long time and have easily recognizable household names.
  • They have affordable monthly rates that fit well into your average senior citizen’s budget.
  • They have the ability to pay claims.
  • They offer top-notch customer service.
  • They offer spousal discounts, so you can find coverage for both yourself and your spouse without breaking your budget.

There are other options out there that you might want to look into as well, such as 2018 Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans and Humana Medicare Supplement plans. Every senior has different needs, so shopping around can really pay off!

Compare 2018 Medicare Supplement Plans Today!

We want it to be super easy for you to find coverage, whether you are looking for Aetna Medigap plans or if you are looking for some other type of coverage. Luckily, you can start your search right here on our site right now. In no time, you’ll be able to compare your many excellent options for 2018 and beyond.

It’s important for you to start planning now so that you will have the coverage that you need in 2018. Use our online tool today to start shopping for Medicare Supplement plans for 2018!