Instant Quotes by Phone: 888-414-4547

Home » Medicare Supplement Plans in 2019

Best Medicare Supplement Plans in 2019

Medicare Supplement plans in 2019 will not be significantly different than they have been in the last few years. Except for possible minor rate changes on Medicare plan F and Medicare plan G, benefits won’t change. Also, 47 out of 50 states all use the same standard plan levels that range from A to N. Three states have their way of standardizing plans, but they also provide similar benefits. Even though Medicare Advantage has become more popular, attracting about 30 percent of all Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare Supplement plans still draw over 20 percent of recipients.

How can you find the best Medicare Supplement plans for 2019? Why not simply pick your state from the quote box on this page? Within seconds you can see good local options. Select any of these entries to learn more and compare quotes.

Facts on Medicare Supplement Plans in 2019

To understand how supplements work, it helps to understand how Medicare works. Medicare Supplement insurance helps Medicare beneficiaries because it fills in the gaps for things that original Medicare either doesn’t fully cover or doesn’t cover at all. For example, many medical services are only covered at 80% by Part A and B. That means that recipients still have to pay the other 20% out of their own pockets. By paying the premium for one of the more comprehensive supplemental plans, these out-of-pocket costs can be reduced or even eliminated.

Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have their own way of standardizing plan levels. Otherwise, states follow the federal government’s method of setting plan levels with names from A through N.

Medicare Supplement plan levels in 2019 in most places:

Typically, Plans C and F are the most expensive and provide the broadest coverage. High Deductible Plan F is a good option for people who would prefer to have lower premiums and chance paying a deductible if they do need medical services. This might be a good choice for seniors who are relatively healthy. Besides the plan level, premiums may also depend upon location, insurance company.

When purchasing a Medicare Supplement plan in 2019, beneficiaries also need to buy Medicare Part D for prescription coverage. This is different than many Advantage plans because they already have prescription drug plans contained within the policy.

Which Medicare Supplement Plan in 2019 is Best?

While premiums and choices of plan levels or insurance companies may differ by state and county, plan levels all have the same standard benefits. That means that Plan C is always Plan C. This frees up beneficiaries to simply shop for the cheapest premiums.

While companies may not always market their products in every state and county, it is likely that you will see these companies offering Medicare Supplement plans for 2019  in your city or town:

  • Humana Medicare plans
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplements
  • Aetna
  • Cigna
  • Bankers Life
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • Gerber Life

Compare Medicare Supplement Plans for 2019 in Your State

Your own choice of Medicare Supplement insurance companies and available plans will depend upon your state and county. We hope to make it easy for you to find the right balance of premiums versus benefits with our quick and simple online quote tool. To use our online system to find plans, you just need to pick your state from the box and submit the quote form. After that, you will be able to obtain quotes and more information. We hope to help as many Medicare beneficiaries as possible obtain affordable Medicare Supplement plans in 2019 and good access to healthcare.